Tuesday, August 24, 2010

If you worked or work at a tanning salon?

I'm 16 and will be turning 17 in two months. I decided to get my first job in a tanning salon. I e-mailed 3 different tanning salons and haven't got any answers, I don't know what to do...


Anyways, many others tanning salon sites require people to write a resume but I have no idea of what to write or put in it.


Can someone explain it to me or give me any advice?


Thanks


btw, sorry if i posted in the wrong categoryIf you worked or work at a tanning salon?
your probably better off walking in a place and asking for an application for a ground level position. ground level meaning you have no experience in what you are applying for and you'll need on the job training. which is typically for a first timer.


it usually takes a lil while through email for some reason..





if you need to put a resume together and its your first time working..


as always you put in your personal info and school information. if you've done any type of community service id throw that in too. same with any college classes. if you've helped in anyway with someone working at some type of shop or store. ( ie. Your mom owns a flower shop you'd help her out on the weekends even though you didn't get paid and wasn't actually your job.) you could still put that in your resume but fancy it up. make it sound like you had a position. your basically BSing with your resume lol (everybody does it in some form or fashion).





if your applying for a first time job no one is going to expect a whole lot on your resume. if you need any other help on it though you can always look up resume tutorials. they have lots of examples and suggestions.





good luck!!If you worked or work at a tanning salon?
On a resume you just put your educational experience and degrees (im guessing yours is just high shcool), and prior jobs. It has to be in a special format though, I think their is a thing in word that does that for you, if not im sure you can look it up online.
Some of the girls that worked in my tanning salon were really mean and didnt want the boss to hire anyone and when she did they were really mean to her and she quit. If I were you, I would check out the salon and see how they act first.
I'd go into the store and ask for the manager. You can also ask to fill out an application which I always did when I was younger...just b/c you have nothing to put on a resume at that point.
just go to the tanning place and ask for a job there and then you might get the job

No comments:

Post a Comment