Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Is it illegal for a tanning salon to make you buy eye wear instead of providing it for you?

I tan at a salon that wont let you tan unless you buy there eye wear ot have your own. they wont provide it for you for free though. this seemed weird to me...Is it illegal for a tanning salon to make you buy eye wear instead of providing it for you?
I used to work at several different tanning salons while in college. Some provided it free and some didn't. One of the ones that didn't explained that it's actually extremely unsanitary and unsafe to share eyewear (think about it, people have pink eye, staph infections, etc.). It isn't cleaned in a jar of disinfectant like tools at a hair or nail salon. When the employees go to wipe the beds down with the disinfectant spray, they simply spray and wipe off the eyewear. I'm sure it's also to make more money but when you think about it it is pretty gross anyway.Is it illegal for a tanning salon to make you buy eye wear instead of providing it for you?
No, its not illegal. It'd be kind of along the same lines as trying to make them pay for your lotion. Not everyone tans with the goggles, although I personaly reccommend that you do use them.





Are they expensive? I've never seen a price for goggles...





The salon I tan at does provide them for people. And I noticed one answer said its not like they sit in disinfectant like hair salon supplies... well I don't know where that girl has worked but my cousins salon (the one I tan at) puts ALL goggles into a jar of disinfectant after they've been used.





Did you buy a package at this place or are you paying everytime you go? If you don't have a package I suggest you maybe find another salon that does provide them. May seem silly to choose another place over that but I do think the salon should provide them.
That is ridiculous! Every tanning salon I've been to provides them for free. They just sound like money hungry lamers. Doubt it's illegal but if someone doesn't buy the eye wear they may risk damaging their eyes big time, so I'd blame them if anything goes wrong!
they're in the business of drying out your skin, prematurely aging you, and increasing your risks of skin cancer, so they probably don't want to be liable for giving out eyewear in case on turns out to be defective.
very legal and smart actually. that way if u get some kind of eye damages they are not responsible. evreyone is this world is ready to sue some one. theyre just tryna watch themselves.
That's not illegal, its called THATS HOW THEY MAKE MONEY ;)
I don't see why that would be illegal. It's just another way for them to make money.

No comments:

Post a Comment